Home

About

Contact

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in Bloglines Add to netvibes

Subscribe via Email:


Guaranteed Spam Free
Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Submit Favorites

Submit your very best posts to be featured on intellimind

Submit your Links

Sponsors of Intellimind

Vote for Me

My site was nominated for Best Blog About Stuff!


My Web Host

New Stuff:  + Submit Your Site

Update:   There's an easier way to get here. Try intellimind.net/blog

Great Stuff on the Web
Learn How I Get So Many Visitors

Dump your TV and Save $1 Million Dollars

“Do nothing which is of no use.” - Miyamoto Musashi
renowned 16th century samurai author of " The Book of Five Rings"



Spending hours watching mindless programs on TV may seem great, but Jeffrey Strain at thestreet.com says otherwise and does a great job of backing such a claim. Most don't realize how much money really goes into that TV

"People rarely consider the cost of watching TV, and when they do, they usually focus on the cost of their monthly cable bill. The truth is that there are a wide variety of costs associated directly and indirectly with having a TV."


Not only is cable expensive, but with a tv, an entertainment system is usually necessary and no one is just content with the basic cable, soon your paying more a month for premium packages too and according USA Today the average American spends 4.5 hours a day watching television, imagine what could if you devoted those extra hours to your passion/work (if your work is your passion).

How will vegetating in front of a TV for hours on end be useful in anyway? It wont, rather spend that time working on perhaps a small business you've created, like the creator of savingadvice.com

"For me, had I continued to watch TV over the past five years, in addition to the monetary aspects, it would have been the difference of working in a job I didn’t like and having my dream job working for myself for which there is no way to set a price"
Read more in the link below

How Dumping TV Allowed Me to Quit My Job, Create an Online Business and Fund My Retirement Account (savingadvice.com)

Give up that TV and move on to greater things.







2 comments:

Anna said...

Firstly, I would like to comment on your blog - it is very nice, however, not just appearance, but the content is down to earth. You are absolutely correct if it comes to TVs. Personally I never liked anything that makes me feel useful. If I don't learn I don't enjoy. So TVs and phones are on my list. I rather spent thousands on my camera, laptop or software, and put my mind to work.
Aside, we at home have a basic TV and basic cable, we have digital cable but that is free promo for a year, and it will be going back to the cable company, it is nice to have, but is it really worth paying rental fee for just another block box collecting dust - absolutely not.

Anna :)
http://myonlyphoto.blogspot.com
http://storyblob.blogspot.com

Alex (Intellimind) said...

hey thank you for the kind words, i appreciate it. The whole idea of sitting in front of TV doing nothing, seems like a waste of time that could be spent 'growing'. i see your a fan of photography, i am too, you may like these two other posts i have.

http://intothemindd.blogspot.com/search/label/photography


Popular Categories: Apps   BrainTeasers   How to   Organize   Free Stuff

Update: im in the process of a new site design, and im sorry for a the huge ads that seemed to appear at the bottom of posts, im in the process of correcting that